Monday 1 October 2018

Away Matcch v Gog Magog - 14th September 2019


This was my second visit in 2 days to the Gog Magog club and my 4th game of the week.

My 1st visit was an inter club match and we played the Wandersbury Course. I have to say the fairways looked really well considering the weather we have had. I was told that they get more rain fall than us. Something to do with the Chiltern Hills and other geographical conditions all to complicated for me all I know is that if you want rain try Scotland.

My partner and organiser for the match was Ken Doggrell. Ken hired a buggy and believe me I was glad to take up his offer to share so thank you Ken.

Ken and I had a lovely round with the usual peaks and troughs that seem to be part of seniors golf rounds. We got off to a bad start as the opposition chipped in on the first hole to take the hole and we both lost our balls in the quarry on the second hole so 2 down and never really recovered from there.

The weather threatened but stayed dry. 

We had the usual excellent quality of food with a huge bowl of trifle that was passed round the table.

The banter was up to expectations and we had the usual bad jokes at the end.

I am glad to say we came away with a 4/12 to 3/12 win. Well done lads..

Captain Jim Jock

No comments: