Monday 1 October 2018

Away Match v South Beds - 19th September 2019


The match for South Beds is our latest starting time 12 o clock noon we seem to have mixed feelings about this, personally I am happy with this time. We get up at a sensible time on some occasions I was up at 5 am to get to some courses this was a nice don't need to hurry start to the day.

We had bacon rolls with our coffee waiting for us when we arrived we had a 2 tee start that got us back in at a sensible time and sat down to a lovely carvery, very civilised.

My partner and organiser was Nick Seeley who played most of the game on his own while I went off to check on the flora and the condition of the trees when asked what I scored I said lost 3 balls found 6 so I am claiming a victory.

We played a nice couple of friendly guys Captain Terry and organiser Ron who I met on the tees and some greens but all in all a very enjoyable day.

They have had their clubhouse revamped and a nice job they have made of it.

Unfortunately the late start  must have put the rest of the team out of sorts as the result was 5.1/2 to 2.1/2 to them.

Only one match to go.

Keep swinging Captain Jim Jock.

No comments: