Monday 1 October 2018

Away Match v Letchworth - 24th September 2019


This was our last match and I have to say one I look forward to as I only live a couple of miles from the club, I know a few of the members well, so the banter is usually revved up a notch.

Brian Bullen was my partner and organiser and Brian is the same as me in that he knows a lot of the members so it was good fun.

We had a perfect day for golf, Brian and I played perfect ham and egg golf. The Captain of Letchworth was a friend of both of us but I am not so sure now as Brian was sinking 20 foot putts to win or half and I did my little bit as well.

I would like to say that was how it went for the rest of the team but alas it was not to be we lost the match 5 to 3 but again we won our home game 4.1/2  to 3.1/2 when this was mentioned it was pointed out that the margin of victory was greater for them; who said these matches are not competitive.

Well lads that is it for the year as far as the matches go. I hope all of you who played in the matches had as much fun as I had, bad jokes an all..

Captain Jim Jock.

No comments: