Wednesday 9 October 2024

David Price celebrates his service with the Canadian Police

 


This is Senior Section stalwart David Price as you have never seen him before - celebrating 50 years of the Peel Regional Police in Ontario, Canada.

Here David gives a brief resume of his time with the force.

"I joined the Metropolitan Police in 1967 and served until 1974. I emigrated to Canada in 1974 and joined the Peel Regional Police Force, which was newly formed in 1974 as an amalgamation of several Town Police Forces situated south-west of Toronto on the Niagara Peninsular (Brampton, Mississauga, Chinguagousy, Port Credit, Streetsville. All of which were established in the 1800's). I was one of the first 400 Police Officers of the newly formed Police Force named The Peel Regional Police.

This year they commemorated 50 years policing with a parade in Mississauga, which I attended with 13 others from 1974. The photo is of my wife Kate and me with the Chief of Police at the ceremonial march held in honour of the 50 years. 

The Peel Regional Police now has over 3000 officers and is the third largest police force in Ontario and the fourth largest in Canada."

Dave Price

No comments: