Tuesday 13 February 2024

Open letter from David Crosby February 13 2024

 David Crosby, a former Honorary Secretary of the John O'Gaunt Seniors Section, is moving to pastures new. He has penned an open letter to the section as he prepares for his move to the South Coast.

Dear Senior Captain and Senior Members,

It is with regret that I inform you that I will not be renewing my membership of John O'Gaunt Golf Club for 2024. Many of you know that Kathryn and I have been trying to move to West Sussex (to be nearer family) since 2022 and have been frustrated in the house buying process.

Nevertheless, we hope the issues will be resolved soon so that contracts can be exchanged, and we can restart our lives on "The South Coast". 

I have enjoyed my membership of the Club, and particularly the Senior Section very much indeed and it was a pleasure and a privilege to serve as your Honorary Secretary for 3 years prior to Richard's tenure. I then served on the General Committee for 3 years ... ! I will be leaving behind many friendships, though I hope some will stay in touch. My email and mobile number remain unchanged.

My thanks to all who have served the Section during my membership and especially to Jonathan as his year as Senior Captain closes and to Richard as his begins and his tenure as the Second Best Ever Honorary Secretary closes. My best wishes too to those who have accompanied me on this part of my life's journey; on the course, in the clubhouse ... and sometimes in my scrambled head. Still - a frustrating game of golf is better than a frustrating house move any day!

God bless you all in 2024 - especially the match teams!!

David


No comments: