Monday 27 September 2021

John O’Gaunt Seniors away to Leighton Buzzard September 27 2021

 Organiser Jim Kerr reports on the day’s action

Everybody got there on time except the match organiser thanks to the highways dept. who took it upon themselves to test my navigation skills by introducing three diversions on the route.
I would like to thank the man who knew the way by naming the pubs en route, as the streets had no names showing.
The weather was DREICH, Scottish for pouring down with rain, but help was at hand. Out came the magic phones with 4G and weather reports started pouring in. The general consensus was that it would clear up quickly and we should not abandon the day but tee off a bit later.
A new tee time of 9.15 was agreed and off we went in fine weather. The sun put his hat on and all was well. God bless 4G phones.
Captain Bill and I had a good match and won 2-1. Bill kept telling me he wanted us to keep ham and egging it. I thought he was being greedy as they laid on bacon butties before we went out.
Unfortunately some of the J.O.G. team members were not at all hungry and forgot to ham and egg it.
I was asked to mention Barry's opinion of the 17th hole but my computer refuses to print naughty words.
The welcome and chat was, as ever on these days, excellent with a fine meal to round off the day.
Unfortunately the score was 5-3 to Leighton Buzzard.

No comments: