Monday 14 November 2016

Gog Magog 16th September 2016


Friday 16th September 2016 is for those who played a day to remember. The Gog Magog old course in excellent condition but the weather forecast. Wish you weren’t here! I’d left home in torrential rain.
I was fortunate to be out first with Captain Jim, we played the front nine in pleasant conditions, especially after the 32 degrees on Tuesday.
Then the rain started, it got very heavy, the wind had sprung up, we were on top of the hill and I was getting cold, very wet and not happy. I won a hole and Jim slapped me on my back. The water that had penetrated my jacket and proceeded to go down the inside of my trousers. The second slap and I gave up.
We were never down in our game and when the Elders won the short 17th our match was all square, we all agreed to a half. By this time the course was unplayable.
Happy now, what a relief, just get in a hot shower, most were already there.
An early lunch, wonderful roast beef, was enjoyed by all on our table.
However, a few thought the cost was steep at £17.50/head.
The result: Gog Magog Elders 3.5, JOG Seniors 1.5 and 3 abandoned matches.
Now off to get a fully waterproof Galvin Green jacket.
Ken Doggrell

No comments: