Saturday 12 February 2022

Meet your new Senior Section Captain



For those that do not know me, I am Peter Grimes but everyone calls me Algy (my middle name – a long story as to why!). I joined John O’Gaunt in April 2014 having taken early retirement at the end of 2013 and needing to do something else. I never envisaged becoming Captain of anything within the club, so I have to thank my predecessor, Bill Walker, for appointing me as his Vice Captain. I am hoping to fulfil the role as best I can and be helpful to anyone where I can, just ask!

My choice of Charity this year is UK Sepsis Trust. The reason I chose this is because in 2018 I suffered from Sepsis myself and was in the Critical Care Unit in Bedford for two and a half weeks while they battled to stabilize me. Therefore, I know first-hand how important it is to identify Sepsis as soon as possible. Thankfully my GP did and I am here to tell the tale. Some 245,000 cases and 48,000 deaths occur from Sepsis in the UK each year.

I very much hope you will support it during my year as much as possible, given that we will be collecting far less from each competition this year from fees.



Do feel free to contact me if there is anything you think I can help with.

Thank you all, 

Algy Grimes

jogscaptain@gmail.com

No comments: