Wednesday 29 May 2019

Home match v South Beds Veterans - 28th May 2019

Being the organiser for the first time I arrived early to find three quarters of the opposing team eagerly awaiting their coffee and biscuits.

David and I got off to a bad start and never really recovered losing 3/2 on the 16th to their two very good pars. Their captain Gary Hooper an ex colleague of mine from Mentmore GC days had his revenge on me from last year.
The end result was a loss for JOG 3 to 5, the winners being Bob Anderson & Ray Smart 4/2, Jim Peacock & Peter Wade 2up, Algy Grimes & John Whitbread 2/1 having been three down after eleven.

My choice of Pork Loin followed by Eton Berry Mess seemed to be enjoyed by everyone with one comment of  "I couldn’t eat three of the Desserts but definitely manage two".
The weather did hold out for us today and a number of us are off to Saffron Walden tomorrow hoping it remains dry.

Keith Fuller
Organiser

No comments: