Saturday 2 June 2018

Home Match v South Beds 29th May 2018


Nick and I had a very pleasant day with Gary and Geoff from South Beds.

The weather was kind to us so that was a good omen.

Nick did well to carry me for most of the game but my claim to fame was that I won the 15th with a 5 to settle our game and true to form parred 2 of the last 3 holes with no pressure.

Our guest's where very complimentary of the course and I have to say our ground staff have got it playing well.

It sounds like we had a couple of ringers out there with one of the opposition saying that Bill Walker walked across the pond on the 4th as he could do no wrong.

Brian Bullen and Geoff Beck managed to claw back defeat on the last 3 holes to half their game.

So with these stories coming in Nick and I were relieved when we won the last game to get a draw for the match.

All in all a good day was had by all. Well done Nick and Richard for getting a full team out and thank you for those of you who filled in at the last minute as it looked a bit dodgy for a while and thank you Geoff for standing in on the day for the elusive Bob Anderson.

Nick and I have just received an email from the South Beds organiser thanking us for giving them a great day out.

Regards Jim Kerr Senior Captain

No comments: