Saturday 2 June 2018

Away Match v Saffron Walden - 30th May 2018


Steve Collins and I had a great day at Saffron Walden 

The course was playing well and the weather stayed dry.

We got off to a steady start but with a couple of poor putts and bad chips we found ourselves 4 down at the turn.

We clawed it back and stood on the 18th tee dormy for the match and unfortunately could only half the final hole.

I thought the food was excellent and the company is always good.

We where not alone in the defeat brigade as the final score was a resounding defeat of 6-2 so the rough must have been bad and the cross winds and fast greens have I missed any excuses or were we just below par on the day.

I am putting this down as a win overall as we beat them 7-1 at home. Doesn't that look and sound better I don't feel so bad now.

Regards Jim Kerr Senior Captain.

No comments: