Friday 25 May 2018

Away Match v East Herts - 22nd May 2018

We had a perfect day at East Herts the only down side was that they could only muster 12 players.

We took 16 and 4 of our players were given freedom of the course. I was told afterwards that they had their own competition and finished all square.

I am hoping East Herts can bring 16 to the home match.

My partner for the day was Robert Anderson. It was a pleasure to play with Robert  as we play in different circles at the club and only meet when competitions and matches pick us to play together so that was a bonus.

Our match started with a stutter when your opposition win with a 7 on the first hole you think what's next.

We won the second with a chip-in 2 and went on to win the next 4 holes.

I then left Robert to get on with the game as I went to inspect the deep rough and talk to my friends the trees who I met last year. The bottom line was that we started playing the 18th all square and Robert did what he had done all day, won the hole on the last putt to finish 1 up.

We had a lovely meal and in good company I hope they can guarantee 16 players in the future as the course is a pleasure to play.

The final result was 3.1/2-2.1/2 to J.O.G.

No comments: