Sunday 6 May 2018

Away Match v St Neots - 4th May 2018


I am pleased to report that we had a great day at St Neots

The St Neots' seniors did us proud, we had our normal warm welcome from their seniors.

The weather was great and the food was excellent and thanks to the two tee start we had our meal at 2 pm and were on the road by 3-30 pm missing the worst of the bank holiday traffic.

Gerry and I had a game of two halves. We won the 9th to go 1 up and then proceeded to win the next 3 holes making us 4 up. We managed to hold on to the lead to make the match dormie with 4 up and 4 to play and closed it out on the 16th. Writing this I make it look like I played some part in this game but truth be told it was Gerry who did the damage but a good game was the order of the day .

Unfortunately we lost the match 4.1/2 to 3.1/2 and I have it on good authority that our last game of the day came down to a missed 2 foot putt on the last green I promised I would not mention any names. Isn't that right Algy?

It has to be a good day when the match comes down to the last putt of the day deciding the result.

Our next match is against Harpenden Common. I will be handing over to David Gauge for this one so good luck to David and the team. Hope the weather holds out for you .

Regards Captain Jim.

No comments: