Monday 24 October 2022

Letter from Adrian Boyd

 Adrian Boyd, who spent the summer with the seniors while on an extended break from his native Australia, has written this letter of thanks to Gordon McLeod and Richard Westergreen-Thorne.


Dear Gordon & Richard

 

Gordon – Thank you so much for introducing me to the Seniors Section and putting me in contact with Richard.

As a “Country Member” resident in Australia you understood that I probably didn’t know many members despite having been a member since the early 1980’s!!

The introduction to the Seniors Section and in particular the Tuesday & Thursday Roll-Ups has worked really well for me and meant that I have had the opportunity to play with many people in a friendly and somewhat competitive (well we do play for who pays for the tea afterwards!!) game.

 Richard – Thank you for welcoming me to the Seniors Section and managing the introductions etc..  I can honestly say that the Seniors Section at JOG is extremely well run and organised and the communication via emails, blogs etc has helped me keep in touch with all that is happening or has happened.

I am back in Melbourne Australia now and looking forward to meeting up with my Aussie golfbuddies

 My wife and I are already planning a return to UK next year to see our relations and in particular our two growing granddaughters (ages 8 & 6).  Until then thanks to you both.  Richard please thank your team from me. 

At JOG the Seniors labelled me “The Aussie” and now back here I am “That Bl**dy Pom”.   Not sure I can really win……but I love the banter and it makes the game so much fun!!


Best regards, Adrian Boyd

No comments: